The Hawaiʻi Leadership Academy is designed for Directors and Assistant Directors of Early Childhood Centers with 5 years or less experience in that role. This exciting program will help new directors build a network to foster collegial support, help you grow as a professional, and strengthen community connections to support your staff, children and the families you serve. This first year, enrollment is limited to Oʻahu-based programs only. This program is underwritten by the Samuel N. and Mary Castle Foundation and will be delivered by expert trainers from the McCormick Center for Early Childhood Leadership. This series is offered at no cost to you!
PART 1: Ready to Learn (RTL)
A 4-month core program focuses on the unique challenges experienced by those transitioning to an administrative position, including:
- The power of self-awareness and reflection
- Understanding leadership styles
- Transitioning from peer to supervisor
- Productivity and prioritizing
- The dimensions of organizational climate
PART 2: Aim4Excellence
You will participate in one facilitated online cohort (either pedagogical or administrative leadership focused) for three consecutive months to support the application of new knowledge and skills in your respective Center. This professional learning experience focuses on the core leadership and management competencies that early childhood leaders need. Your participation is the first step on your leadership development journey toward earning the Aim4Excellence National Director Credential.
Hawai’i Leadership Academy At-A-Glance in 2022
Start your application by clicking here, deadline to apply is November 29, 2022. Note, applicants will be notified of acceptance ahead of start of training.
Training Dates for 2022
- January 2022-April 2022 – 17 virtual training sessions held Tuesday mornings, 9 a.m. – noon HST. Learn more here about specific training details.
- Three in-person sessions (subject to COVID protocols at the time) at KCAA’s Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Center for Early Education (CEED) where cohort members will discuss the state of early childhood education in Hawaiʻi, connect, share lessons learned and celebrate.
- Participation in 3 virtual AIM4Excellence modules from May 2022-July 2022 (choice of three modules with a pedagogical or administrative leadership focus)